Monday, May 17, 2010

Joy amidst the ruins

I recently have been drawn to the book of Nehemiah. A favorite verse and known by so many has been echoing in my heart..."for the joy of the LORD is your strength"(Neh. 8:10). This verse has taken on new meaning in my life recently and I look forward to some in-depth study and insights that the Spirit will be sure to reveal(because I have a God that promises if you seek Him, you will indeed find Him).

First observations of this verse are that God holds true to His character. The people of Israel are not told that the joy of the Lord is their strength during a time of great happiness and prosperity but rather a time of great grief and sorrow. This intrigues me....

Would you be willing to study Nehemiah with me over the next few weeks and together let's see what the Lord would have His children learn? I hope you do and I look forward to posting Truths that He teaches me over the next few weeks. May the joy of the Lord be your strength!!

No comments: