Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy 6 months Baby Girl!

Yesterday was Sarah's 6 month birthday..... I can hardly believe so much time has passed in her young life without us. I try to imagine what her giggles and even her cries are like but I know it will all be in His good time.

My friend, Diane, recently returned from her trip to Guatemala. Two days before Emily was born, she spent an afternoon at Eagles Nest with Sarah. She bought both the girls handmade Guatemalan dresses! I love them!! Thank you Diane for being so thoughtful!

As I looked through the pics she brought me and as she described her time with Sarah, I didn't get terribly emotional... just a little misty eyed.

But later, I was pouring over the pictures again and decided to go in and check on Emily. As I looked at her, there was a fleeting smile across her face. Then I looked over at the empty, waiting crib for Sarah and I completely lost it.

There is SO much joy in adoption but so much loss as well. My prayer today is for all of our adopted children and the families as we seek to glorify God in this amazing journey!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

The emotional roller coaster of adoption can not be explained. Only us that are on the journey know and know how to pray specifically for each other. I know what it is like to look at an empty, waiting crib- it hurts. I pray that we all find peace, understanding, and that God reminds us of his faithfulness each and everyday.
Praying our precious children are home so very soon!
Emily is a beautiful baby!
Stephanie

LouLou said...

That empty crib gets me too. You are almost done though, Marianne. She will be OUT of PGN and home soon. I miss my Essie SO much it hurts. I am just trying my best to trust in Him, but it doesn't take the missing her away...... I know just how you feel! I am praying for you and that Sarah will be home soon. That Emily is a little angel.......

love to you.....

Amy said...

Adoption is emotional, having a baby is emotional. God designed us and our emotions are no surprise to Him - of which I am so thankful.

Praying that crib is soon filled.

Whitney said...

Praying for peace and comfort as you wait for Sarah. I am thankful when I look back and see how the Lord used those hard times and empty cribs.

Would love to get together...but I didn't want to push you too soon, just tell me when.

I know exactly who you are talking about at BBC. :)

Lastly, to be honest, I have been surprised to see a fair-colored darling on your blog after months of looking at Sarah's beautiful dark skin. :)