Friday, March 13, 2009

Baby Dedication and more b-day pics...

I have to say I've never been so emotional during a baby dedication as I was for these two daughters of mine. I couldn't help feel all the intensity of prayer, fears, and anguish well up in the depths of my soul as I remembered how God brought us through journeys of faith, both painful and costly, to this very day. It felt much different releasing my daughters to the Lord when they were physically in my arms than the many months and years of offering them to the Lord on my knees empty handed. They are HIS!! They were then and they are now, but I'm so thankful for the privilege to care for them and love them for however long He gives.

A special prayer...


... for a special day!
I was so glad so many from our family could be there! Dave's mom, my mom, my grandma, my dad and Dave's sister.... oh, and of course our boys!!

Birthday girl in her birthday dress : )


We let her stick her hands in the cake for her first bite and she only stuck a couple fingers in, even I was surprised by her "daintyness ".

1st big girl car seat ride
Don't you love her alfalfa sprout??

Everybody helping Emily open her grocery cart : )
( If you're curious about Sarah's pacifier... interesting thing, one day Sarah found an old pacifier from when we first brought Emily home and she stuck it in her mouth. Well, now she loves it. She sleeps with it for every nap and bedtime... it's so funny to me!!

2 comments:

Pineapple Princess said...

Do you get tired of me telling your what beauties your daughters are? I hope not. I can't help myself!

Congrats on their dedication. I take it as seriously as you... Giving back to the Lord what is already His. Hard and wonderful for me to do. Our dedication date is in May. Can't wait.

Brenda Rae said...

where did all that hair come from so fast!!!! She is precious.