Thursday, June 5, 2008

Home Again

I apologize for taking so long to post... once again internet problems so I'm posting from Dave's office. Hopefully, I will have enough time to email pics to all of my friends of their sweet babies : )

A very excited little fan club and a hungry baby greeted us at the airport late Tuesday evening! I was so grateful to have my lonely empty arms filled once again the moment we stepped off the plane. It was an amazing trip and will take me several posts to cover much of the week we spent with our Sarah : )... so I should be posting pretty regularly for a few days. We also are working on a movie to remember this special time... we will share it when we get it done.

First Night and Day 1

After getting Sarah, we headed over to our Apt. (apt. #3 for the EN families). I quickly bathed and lathered her all up in my favorite smell on this earth, Baby Magic and then got her pjs on and added a pink bow for pics : ) The water turned off most evenings by 6: 00pm.. so you always had to keep that in the back of your mind. We then went back to the orphanage for Sarah's things(formula, cereal and crib).


Friday we slept in and then visited el Nido and played with all the children. Most the day was spent just getting acquainted with Sarah and her schedule. I had fun playing with her wild hair... which turned out to be not so wild. Her hair was nothing what I expected. It was slick, baby fine hair and oh so soft. I loved her hair in piggy tails but was SO hard to make it stay : ) The little purple dress was a special outfit from Sarah's cousin Abby... so it was fun to get to finally put it on her.


I miss that cherub little face so much!!!
This was her favorite toy.... hardly left her hands all week!
That night we ate over at the Nest with the kids and ate Luky's famous cooking... egg and ham sandwiches. I think Dave would have loved to bring Luky home with us : ) And before you knew it, our first day was over and it was time for bed. Sarah loved for us to rock her to sleep and we enjoyed every second of it! She would just study both of us so intently and touch our faces with her tiny little hands.... little memories I'll cherish forever.
Come back tomorrow for Day 2 : )







6 comments:

Sara said...

I am so glad to get to hear about your trip. It sounded like you enjoyed every moment with sweet Sarah. She is such a cutie!! Glad you are home safe and sound.

Amy said...

She is a beautiful little girl. So glad your trip went well, I look forward to hearing more about it.

Jen said...

We are thankful to hear that you had a wonderful time with your daughter. We'll keep checking your blog for more of the trip.

Stephanie said...

so glad you made it home! she is precious!!! Can't wait to hear about the trip!

Stephanie said...

so glad you made it home! she is precious!!! Can't wait to hear about the trip!

Stacie said...

Glad you guys are home safely! I know you had an AMAZING time with little Sarah. She is so beautiful! I hope and pray she is back in your arms to stay in no time!

Can't wait to hear more...
Stacie